TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:59:58 -0400
Bev,

To add to your commentary, there were coatings that the DoD used for chip
and wire products that worked well for this purpose, but it definitely
required "a need to know", and special clearances, security, facilities, and
certifications, etc.

I know that it graduated to successive generations, but have not been privy
to this in a while now.

For packaged devices - if is also my conclusion that where there is a will,
there is a way.  I would first start using X-ray analysis [and/or acoustic
microscopy], followed by mechanical removal of some packaging material,
followed by Decap, or Uresolv Plus to remove the remainder - leaving the die
metallization, wires and lead frame intact.

BTW - Decap or Uresolv Plus will remove the Hysol FP families of glob tops
and dams.

Steve Creswick
Sr Associate - Balanced Enterprise Solutions
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencreswick
616 834 1883