TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:41:23 +0000
Alcohol clean, plasma clean with an aggressive cycle, dam around the part with removeable mask, dry by baking for 24 hours at 80C, then fill the area with a globtop or other die encapsulant.  We have excellent results with Hysol FP4470, but that has a large lot size associated with it.  FP4650   is available in small quantities, but is slightly more viscous, so we haven't tried it because we have some very high resolution features.  Probably would work for you though.

http://bondingsource.com/products-services/epoxy-quick-fact-sheet

http://www.bondingsource.com/techdata/Loctite-FP%204650.pdf

Wayne Thayer