TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Eric Laroche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Eric Laroche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:46:30 -0400
Good morning,

One of our customer has requested, for security purposes, that we
assemble their board in such a way to make the removal of the
microprocessor impossible without damaging it.  The component is a 64
pin LQFP.  The design is already completed and this requirement came
afterwards.

Our approach so far has been to add a material over the part and on the
leads prior to conformal coating.  All the materials we have used to
this point have been peeled away when heating the component.

Is this something that some of you have been requested before?  How have
you managed to do this?

thanks for your feedback,

Eric