TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:48:50 -0400
Matte Tin, is tin protected with an OSP. The OSP can fail, allowing the tin
to oxidize. The land can become unsolderable. Also the finish can be too
thin to provide the desired protection to the underlying lead frame. The
part probably has a copper lead frame without any nickel.

Some of the parts we get here for qualification have been "conditioned". You
know the drill.

Guy