TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:13:30 -0400
Mark,

  We also use MyData machines running low volume protos. There are 3 My9
machines, a My100, and I think another My100 in the works.

 We feed from reels and some custom laser cut cardboard trays. All jobs are
kitted, we do about 15 jobs a day. Each job being 5 to 25 boards.

 Electrical test on the MyData is not used. We do a lot of component
verification using the LCD test tweezers. These are easy to use on parts in
trays and not too bad for parts in reels. (Once the reel is loaded it is
easy to test the next part.

The "Big" problem is getting part orientation  in the tape feeders correct
and making sure the reel feeder setup matches what the machine was told.
Tray files are built in software and downloaded, so those are "Perfect". (Do
you believe me on that, if so I have the bridge in New York you might want
to buy.)  Of all the problems these are not our major issues. Getting good
paste, making sure the correct package file is selected, and a pile of other
items all exist and need to be monitored.

 We synthesize, in software, the Component Library for each job. At the end
of each job the entire machine component library is deleted. That complete
source of problems is eliminated. Also, by tracking what customers use and
how their parts map you can eliminate a lot of problems.

MyData machine don't have a lot of spare feeder positions so I would think
it would be difficult to keep a machine with a "Normal" setup. If you are a
captive shop you might keep a few reels in place. But customer either supply
or specify parts and then you really need to setup and use these.

If you like I have a 57 page manual on the main job coding toll.

Bob K.