TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:16:01 -0700
Ahhh, wonderful. Brought back memories of our honeymoon, camping at the Aegerisee, fishing a young boy out of the lake after he capsized his canoe. Hiking across the hills to Zug and eating Birgermuesli. Buying a single ticket to take the bus to Zug, the train to Lucerne, the boat across the lake, the cogwheel train up the Rigi (into the mist), train back down, train to Zug, bus back to Unteraegeri. Some of the buses were articulated and even pulled a trailer for the mail. Those things sounded like they had a 24 step gearbox to get them up the mountains. After the third gear you could still walk faster.

Swiss Confederation (Latin: Confoederatio Helvetica, hence its abbreviation CH)

Ahne.