TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:25:30 +0100
Hang about, the original piece described an idea, saying it would need
developed and that a product is years off. So whereas it would be legitimate
to draw attention to some needs and practical requirements, I think it’s a
bit premature to have a poke at the guy for not having a developed product.
The piece specifically cited that bond strength is an area which needs
attention. Your speculations on bonding mechanisms are clearly just that. So
far as process temperatures and conditions are concerned, these are yet to
be determined, 200C may require very small particles but consider it is
entirely possible that the material is not pure copper.
In addition the product may well be a process which reacts to dump out
copper particles rather than a suspension of them. That sort of approach can
give low process temps and relatively weak bonds, and would resolve the
oxidation process.
In a few years time we may hear of a super new bonding product. I am not
putting a reminder in my diary though, if it works we will hear all about
it, and if it doesn't there will be plenty of other stuff to think about.
Meanwhile I don't think I have anything more to say.

Best Wishes

Mike-----Original Message-----