TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:46:21 +0200
The guys arrived this morning, thanks. This is the end of the most
prolific part of the growing season and weeds abound. The John Deeres
will be very useful to help eliminate them. Kloumpios has said he will
prepare a traditional Cypriot ttavas (lamb pieces with veggies with
cumin and wild herbs, slow oven-cooked in a special unglazed clay pot -
Google it) for the 1 April Cyprus National Day. He had to phone his
family to get the recipe! As the Orthodox Easter is 5 May this year, the
Church unofficially turns a blind eye to those breaking the Lenten fast
for the 1 April festivities!

The quiz was a very easy one because, living in a Hellenophone country,
I knew smell was η οσμή but I believe it is the tetroxide of osmium that
pongs, rather than the metal itself. For those not aware of it, osmium
is the densest element.

Brian