TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:39:05 +0200
May I add another 2 eurocents worth?

It will also depend on how the coating is applied. If sprayed, edge
coating is uncontrolled, unless specific measures are taken. If dipped
liquid or paraxylylene, it is inevitable, unless masked, an extra
operation. If liquid dipped, a very slow controlled withdrawal speed is
essential to prevent an accumulation along the bottom edge.

In the case of punched or other rough edges, an advantage of deliberate
coating is that it will reduce the risk of loose fibres floating around
the housing in its lifetime. This may be important if there are fine
mechanics exposed to them.

Doug, I'll respond to your other message, possibly within a day or so;
I'm ultra-occupied today as I have family coming.

Brian