TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:11:00 -0500
I had a runaway pot in Thailand on a Select Machine.
Pot drained and insides fried.
Not pretty and expensive to fix.
Manufacturer put in redundant sensor after that.

Read the manufactures instructions and ask them questions.
I had a Tech tell me that I couldn't be an Engineer because I cheated,
I read the instructions first.

Electronics uses benign equipment for the most part.
European guarding and few high kinetic parts.
Solder pots and the insides of the turret machines can crush, burn or kill.
Even the Sr Tech had solder splash on his face doing routine maintenance.
Wear eye protection at a minimum.
Engineers and techs are notorious for skating on safety to check something
out.
Typically the solder guys have a few scars from inadvertent touches with
something hot whether solder pallets, pots or solder.