TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
Yu-Shan Han <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Yu-Shan Han <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:15:02 -0700
Hi Steve, Your equation and Kester's formula are exactly the same, just different arrangements.  Use your equation you should also get 37.16  lb, not 39.86. The AIM calculations assume that you have to first remove some solder to make room for the addition (in this case, approximately 15.8 lb),  Since the pot volume stays the same, 13.75 lb tin is all you need, and 2.05 ib bar solder to top off the pot. Yu-Shan Han