TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:08:21 -0800
Yes we need temperature extremes dwell times ramp rates etc for
interconnects the recommended ramp rate is 10 to 12 degrees C per minute
as measured on the DUT

see JESD22-A104D
John Burke

General Manager/COO

Zollner Electronics Inc
Plant Milpitas
575 Cottonwood Drive
Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone:          + 1 408 434 5442
Fax:            + 1 408 434 5401
Mobile:         + 1 408 628 2433
E-mail:         [log in to unmask]
Internet:  www.zollner-electronics.com

From:   Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   03/14/2013 09:03 AM
Subject:        Re: [TN] IPC-6012
Sent by:        TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

I'm not sure what 'contractive' means as I only have British English
between my eyes, a weakness I have to live with. Mike may come to swing
his
formidable tongue, or Brian Ellis. However,  partially 'flitted' pads
sounds to me equal to future catastrophic failures. That you did not find
flitting in IPC-6012 does not mean that the failure category doesn't
exist.
What is of most importance is what is required according to YOUR process
documents!  That is something that is hammered into my Cortex Electronica
 during  many years at Ericsson.

You mention nothing about your thermal stress conditions, so the gurus may
have some difficulty with doing a correct judgement.

Inge