TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:22:04 -0500
Hi Gregg - as a general rule of thumb, the industry uses the Sn63, Sn60
and Sn62 tin/lead solder alloys a interchangeable. The IPC JSTD 001E,
paragraph 3.2,  lists those three alloys as interchangeable: also,  the
IPC JSTD-001 Handbook and  the IPC AJ 820A Handbook both have some good
information on the slight differences between the three alloys.  Mixing
should not be an issue.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins