TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:04:17 -0500
Hi Dick - what is the solder paste container: a SEMCO type tube or a jar?

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

From:   "Richard D. Krug" <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   03/13/2013 07:42 AM
Subject:        [TN] Cooling of Solder Paste Overnight
Sent by:        TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

It has been proposed that we take left over solder paste and store at ~60
F overnight to extend life and integrity of paste.  This would be paste in
its original tube or jar, not recovered from a stencil.  We are located in
Florida.  During the summer, when the AC is reduced overnight, temperature
in the building gets to ~85 F.

Has anyone done this?  What are the pro's and con's?

Dick Krug, CSSBB, CSMTPE
Senior Process Engineer
Sparton Complex Systems
30167 Power Line Road