TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:24:31 -0600
I agree with Denny that this is the type of situation where a little communication with your customer could go a long way in making him a better designer. I suspect he doesn't even know about the minimum hole wall plating spec, but is merely trying to tell you that you should start with half-ounce copper (not mils, by the way).
and
In this case the word FINISH is not related to the board finish, but to the finished copper thickness.
but...
I would bet a lunch that the designer doesn't really care about the finished copper thickness on the surface layers, he is just telling you that he designed it for half-ounce starting copper.

Jack