TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
"Upton, Shawn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Upton, Shawn
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 15:52:46 +0000
I know for us, maybe not others, there were issues in the past with underetch.  We do a lot of gold plate, hard gold plate, and underetch is an issue, as is getting flat copper pads.  I know the vendor explained it, and of course I've managed to forget...  Which is why we no longer specify starting and finish copper.  But I think that is the case: underetch, hard gold plate, that some people want to / need to spell it out.

Shawn Upton, KB1CKT
Test Engineer
Allegro MicroSystems, Inc
603.626.2429/fax: 603.641.5336