TECHNET Archives

March 2013

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:07:24 +0000
On behalf of the Jedi Council, and manufacturer of coatings for 30 years - halleluyacinations!

J-STD-001 needs to be revised in respect to "ionic contamination testing" and to get rid of the major bugbear: thou shalt clean to a level of <1,56 micro grammes/cm2 NaCl equivalence. As many of you will know, this has been a major topic of TechNet debate for some years - Brian Ellis and I have been doing our utmost to bring this matter to a head - now we have the chance.

As for A-610, the latest Rev that I have is RevD, so I will need to see what presently exists before I can comment further, but this would similarly deal with visible contaminants.

Graham Naisbitt
Chair, Co-Chair, Vice Chair - various
Jedi Council