TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:18:05 -0500
Craig,

I received some this morning from people that don't know me that well either.

Is the standard LinkedIn organization sending out requests for endorsements to these people.  Before long, the endorsements mean nothing.

I personally sit down with my contact list occasionally and endorse those whose capabilities I am sure of, and give them due credit.  If I don't know whether or not you have a particular skill - I don't give it to you....dah!

This activity on LI's part sounds like the political [in]correctness of advancing children in school because we don't wish to damage their psyche

  Of course maybe it will help in a job hunt situation....  but I have not seen that yet.

Used to be you could decline them as they came in, but I can't seem to do this with the 'new' LI.

There is an individual that fancies himself as a LI guru in this area.  Let me check in with him and get back to the group.

Maybe there is a way to put an end to this madness, other than just logging off.

Steve Creswick
Sr Associate - Balanced Enterprise Solutions
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencreswick