TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
"Upton, Shawn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Upton, Shawn
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:59:21 +0000
Is this a note you are writing, or that you are encountering?

If it is the former, I dunno, but I've stuck with just indicating finished copper thickness.  How the vendor gets to that value isn't so important to me.  If I had years of experience I might know that starting with this or that starting copper would avoid that or this problem; but so far, so good.

A while ago I restructured my FAB notes so as to try to make sense.  Going in order, like RoHS, then thickness, then layer count, and going down through.  If you are new to the game, you might want to "steal" someone else's FAB notes so as to cover your bases with all relevant details.

Shawn Upton, KB1CKT
Test Engineer
Allegro MicroSystems, Inc
603.626.2429/fax: 603.641.5336