TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
"Goodyear, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Goodyear, Patrick
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 06:11:30 +0000
Bob,
Thanks for the link, made my first crystal set in '61 I think I remember using a "state of the art germanium" diode as the detector, wound the coil on a toilet paper tube, I think I did a quartz set too.   Last year I found the headphones (carbon) in a box at my parent's ranch no radio though.   Made my first AM transmitter, 500mW, in '63 from a kit it was "transistorized".

Pat

 Brian,

Check out George Ulm's (W9EVT) website he is '88+ and still climbs his towers, I talk with him every morning that I can.

Pat NE6PG