TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:10:35 +0100
PUR belongs to a group that are hard to achieve chemical bonds, so then
remains mechanical and electrostatic binding. I think acid is not a good
way, because you may cause corrosion damage. As far as I can remember we
used sand blast with aluminum oxide and when that was not suitable, we used
600 emery cloth. Suitable degreaser is 40 Centigrade Acetone.  There is a
miracle primer too, but I've forgotten the name. If you get it, remember
that it's extremely dangerous to inhale, therefore you need a box with
evacuation. We had to skip the primer finally. Our environment guy banned
the product. I can get more information, but i guess the real chem Merlins
will come in before that.

Inge