TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
Lamar Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lamar Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:58:46 -0500
If the boards are already built, then I agree with Wayne that a plasma
clean may be your best bet.
If the boards are not yet built, then check with the supplier to see if
they are using a post-UV bump to further cross link the mask to further
reduce ionic contamination test results.  In some cases, the UV bump could
be eliminated which may improve the wetting and adhesion, while still
passing ionic testing.

Lamar Young
Specialty Coating Systems, Inc.
7645 Woodland Dr.