TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:14:26 +0000
Thanks for this tidbit, Greg. ~10 years ago I tracked contamination of copper and gold in a wave solder pot, after fresh solder was put in, for about 1.5 years, at intervals of 1 month. I remember copper rose in the first 6 months or so to about 0.22%, then increased only a few hundredths over the next year. Right now I'm looking at our solderability test pot and the HASL machine itself. In view of what you saw, I can believe the top layer does protect the solder.  Louis