DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2013

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Gary Koven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Koven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:04:43 -0800
Jack,

Not only have the IPC added too many terms, their explanation of allowable protrusions is virtually nil except for the section in IPC-A-600 on nicks and burrs, which still doesn't really address it well.

IPC-7351A had the best Figure on low-stress mousebite design, but manufacturing shops don't usually have design standards on hand.  This belongs in either IPC-A-600 or 610, I would think.

Hopefully the Committees will clean up the terminology in IPC-T-50 and then extend the cleaned-up consistent terms and definitions in the next rev of specs.

As usual you hit the nail on the head, though!

Gary