DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2013

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:21:49 -0500
Hi Gary,

If they're punching through an existing TAB, you will probably be ok.
However, from Dieter's quote out of the IPC-2222:
"Rejections can occur when the edge defect is greater than 50% of the
clearance to edge spacing. Brittle material or heavier glass weights  increase
this risk."

I find that statement very telling.  Your clearances from the edge of  the
board are not that great.  You'll need to know the thickness  of the boards
& the glass content of the material to determine your  clearance needs.

Cherie

In a message dated 2/26/2013 7:20:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,