TECHNET Archives

January 2013

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:00:56 +0100
Ramakrishnan,

If you are willing to spend some extra money, there is one extremly good
way to study crossections with no smear problems and that is FIB SEM
(Focused Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscopy). I've used it many a times.
I'll send a photo offline to you, that tells more than words. In this
crossection you will see absolutely no smear and cracks and voids are
undisputable. Contact your university and they will adress you to nearest
lab with FIB SEM. Yes, the time cost is high, on the other side polishing
whole days is expensive as well.

Inge