TECHNET Archives

January 2013

From:
Pradeep Menon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pradeep Menon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:53:24 +0000
Thanks for the inputs. But my query is more specific on Rigid flex V scoring. We do V scoring at our end as well.

The issue is with Rigid flex ( or flex rigid) PCBs wherein there will be flex polyimide layers ( mostly at the center,  with the rigid portion towards the outer layers. For a 1.6mm thick rigid PCB, we usually do a 0.6mm depth V cut on either side which means there is a web of 0.4mm. This is easily 'breakable' since it is rigid. But if we have a flex in the remaining web portion, it is not breakable. Hence the doubt on any accepted practice or method for Rigid flex V scoring.

Rgds

Pradeep