TECHNET Archives

January 2013

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:28:01 -0600
Well, keep in mind you are talking about two different SIR methods for two
different purposes.

Method 2.6.3.7 is the most modern method for testing the effects of flux
residues, which is why it is used for J-STD-004.

Method 2.6.3.5, a copy of the Bellcore method, was designed to test the
cleanliness of board layers prior to lamination, not flux effects.

Doug Pauls