TECHNET Archives

January 2013

From:
"Nutting, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nutting, Phil
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:04:36 +0000
Hi guys,

In our testing the type of thermal paste does not make a difference if the surfaces are really smooth (16 µin or better surface).  Where it makes a difference is in rougher surfaces.  And Brian is right, more is not better.

For electrical isolation we have switch from a thixotropic phase change material (Isostrate) to T-gard with great results.

Just my 2 ¢

Phil