TECHNET Archives

January 2013

From:
"Nutting, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nutting, Phil
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:35:24 +0000
Hi guys,

I have an agency inspector asking about lead x-ray shielding and lead oxide as used in litharge materials for x-ray shielding.  I know this is exempted from the RoHS directive, but am at a loss as to where to find the statement.

Do we need a waiver?  The end customer has not requested the unit be RoHS compliant as the equipment is exempt as it is for x-ray baggage scanning.

Can anybody point me to a document or URL?

Thanks in advance,

Phil Nutting  |  Development Engineer   |  Kaiser Systems - now part of Excelitas Technologies Corp.

Office: 978-922-9300 x1310
126 Sohier Rd., Beverly, MA  01915
www.excelitas.com<http://www.excelitas.com>

[Excelitas R_emailsig]

This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments. Thank you.