TECHNET Archives

January 2013

From:
Paul Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:54:05 -0500
I vote on non-functional pads out. You get an area that is resin poor if
you have a stack of non-functional pads. The stack of pancakes, as it
were, "telegraphs" the image of the pads to the outer layers. The resin
in the stack is depleted because there is copper on every layer.

What we suggest is to leave three or four non-functional pads in but not
in the center zone of the board.

Sincerely,

Paul Reid

Program Coordinator