TECHNET Archives

December 2012

From:
"Goodyear, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Goodyear, Patrick
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 20:52:23 +0000
Bob,

We use a lot of Molex connectors.   We have found the "standard" Molex plier type crimpers spring out after a few dozen crimps, particularly on the 0.063 nest.   We have went to the solid block and anvil Molex ratcheting crimper that does only one size and crimps the terminal and the relief at one time, they have a guide to hold the pin/socket in place while the crimp is being made.  We also use separated pins/sockets not the ones belted together.   We qualified the crimps using the pull test specified by Molex and periodically verify the crimp, say every 100 or so.   Before we do a "Quality" crimp we pull test the crimper, complete the crimps then verify using another pull test.

Pat Goodyear
Control Technician PG&E