TECHNET Archives

December 2012

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:41:42 +0000
Hi Wee Mei

Fortunately documents get updated periodically.

IPC/WHMA-A-620 Revision B was released in October 2012.

Clause 9.1.1 has this criteria updating position to plus/minus 0.75.
:
Acceptable - Class 1,2,3
--Jackpost face is flush ± 0.75 mm [0.030 in] with the face of the connector.
--Height is obtained by adding or removing washers (supplied with jackpost).

Defect - Class 1,2,3
--Face of jackpost is more than ± 0.75 mm [0.030 in] with the connector face (see Figure 9-3).

Users are invited to a free download of a redline document showing changes from Rev A to Rev B:
www.ipc.org/downloads
scroll down to the 620B Redline and "save target as..." to keep it on your 'puter.

Happy Holidays
Jack

Jack Crawford
IPC Director Certification and Assembly Technology
IPC International Inc.
3000 Lakeside Dr. Suite 309S
Bannockburn, IL 60015
847-597-2893