TECHNET Archives

December 2012

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:37:54 +0000
I know from experience that if you need to rework the BGA on one side, the one that is mirrored will be affected and can go into partial or full reflow. You will need divine intervention to prevent collateral damage, especially if the CCA is coated. For that reason we do not allow mirror imaged BGA designs. We had all kinds of issues with these.