TECHNET Archives

December 2012

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 23:53:59 +0100
JF, I have been in the MIL industry , so I'm not used to hunt for the
cheapest solutions. Anyway, for us it has been forbidden for decades to tin
the wires because of 'long time creeping' until there is no contact
pressure. Poff. ZZspffft. Instead we crimp metal barrels on the wire end.
There are lots of such stuff on the market. Not applicable on
microelectronics,though.
Inge
http://workmanship.nasa.gov/lib/insp/2%20books/links/sections/201%20General%20Requirements.html