TECHNET Archives

November 2012

From:
Chuck Brummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:51:44 -0800
Vic,

What makes you think the resin and glass stick to each other?  Having
worked in a prepreg treater I can suggest that when they make this product
a resin pump forces resin through the glass and coats both sides.  Once
the resin is cured it sticks to itself surrounding the glass bundles and
holding them in place.

I have my doubts that the resin to glass has much of a bond.

Chuck

Charles W. Brummer | 3M Manufacturing Engineer
3M Electronic Solutions Division
3M Canoga Park, 8357 Canoga Ave. | Canoga Park, CA 91304
Office: 818 734 4930
[log in to unmask] | www.3M.com

This message (including any attachments) may contain material, non-public
information or proprietary information and is for the intended recipients
only. If you are not the intended recipient, you should notify the sender
and delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or use of this
information is strictly prohibited and may subject you to legal liability.