TECHNET Archives

November 2012

From:
Joe Macko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 07:52:47 -0800
Good morning.

I am trying to estimate the typical change in a solder ball's diameter
after reflow. IPC-7095B has great discussion about the typical change in
a ball's height after reflow but I did not see anything about
diametrical changes. Maybe there is another IPC document that addresses
this.  Factors such as package weight, # of solder balls, ball alloy,
etc. influence collapse so I am sure there is no quick answer buy maybe
there is a rule of thumb to estimate the diametrical change.

Look forward to any advice. thx

Regards,

-Joe

"This e-mail and any attachments are solely for the use of the addressee and may contain L-3 proprietary information that may also be defined as U.S. Government export controlled technical data. If you are an unintended recipient of this e-mail, use, disclosure or distribution of its content is prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and immediately delete this message."