TECHNET Archives

November 2012

From:
"Goodyear, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Goodyear, Patrick
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:12:29 +0000
Sorry for the late response but I was off on vacation, so wasn't following this thread, off line, but interesting reading none the less.

Most of the measling issues I have privy to are the result of soldering on OLD LEGACY boards.  I believe it is due largely to the entrainment of moisture within the board structure.   We have found that IF the board is heated, either baked or with a heat gun to a temperature in the 140 deg range, the measling during soldering is greatly reduced.    I think that the OLD, OLD, OLD resin formulations were not as robust as current formulations.

Pat