TECHNET Archives

November 2012

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:28:07 -0600
After reviewing the bare board packaging and shipping recommendations in
IPC-1601 (which addresses getting the boards from the fabricator to the
assembler) the question came up about the humidity levels INSIDE the
fabricator DURING the fabrication.
Does IPC address that? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee today, but a
search for "moisture" or "humidity" in IPC-6012, IPC-A-600, etc didn't
reveal very much useful info. Are we trying to control that? Or just the
moisture level in the finished product?

just point me in the right direction, please...?
Jack