TECHNET Archives

October 2012

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:27:22 -0500
Greetings,

This is a very basic question, but I'm trying to design a board size that
will get the most yield out of a standard 12x18 fabrication panel. It's a
6-layer rectangle with nothing fancy (8/8, 12mil holes, ENIG), but we want
routed (not v-scored in this case) and we want 6 boards per panel.

So I have always used the guideline of 1 inch clear all around the panel
edge, (10 x 16 to working space), and 100mil between boards for routing, so
I am looking at something like 4.95" x  5.26", right?

But in this case even 50mils extra would help me, so I'm wondering how much
I can push the envelope and still have it manufacturable by ANY competent
supplier.

Can two of the panel edges be less than 1 inch?

Do I have ANY wiggle room?

Jack (aka "the new guy")