TECHNET Archives

October 2012

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:46:13 +0200
As an ex-manufacturer of both static and dynamic instruments, I favour
the so-called static ones with computer extrapolation as being more
accurate. The so-called dynamic ones may give misleading results because
of excess CO2 absorption and substrate leaching and they take longer to
do the test. Note that the terminology is bad: as a rule, the static
ones generally have a more rapid solution movement.

You have (had?) a static one next to a "semi-aqueous" cleaner in a plant
in Ankara, making cellphones and military communications equipment, that
I visited many years ago.

Brian