TECHNET Archives

October 2012

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:59:53 -0500
Kevin and others,
I should have been a little more specific in my request.  In addition to
the liquid coatings people have suggested, there is an ESD version of
Plastisol that works as well.  Here is the problem:

Almost all of these liquid materials come in a toluene/xylene (or similar)
carrier, or toluene/xylene is specified as the clean up agent if you
spill.  The material I would be painting on is Humiseal 1B31, which is in
a toluene carrier.  I would be afraid that the ESD coating would dissolve
in the solvent and contaminate my 1B31 coating.  That is why I wanted to
go heat shrink, rather than some form of liquid material that could be
dissolved.

Doug Pauls