DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
William Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:35:37 -0500
If you don't need quantitative results and instead need to provide a more visual summary of the differences the following method seemed to work well for our needs.  Using my CAM tool I change the colors of the two layers (Layer 2 for instance before the change and Layer 2 after the change) so that the contrast is dramatic.  (Red and Blue work well with a white background)   I create a single pdf sheet with the Red layer on top of the Blue layer.  Then I create a second sheet with the Blue on top of the Red layer.  Then I reverse the colors and repeat for a 4 page visual result of the differences.  I then move on to the next layer of comparisons.  If the origins are not moved between pages as you flip between pages it is extremely visible where the changes have occurred.