TECHNET Archives

September 2012

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:57:29 -0400
Dave's the expert here (I'm just a diligient reader of his stuff and others).  The key question is what's the environment the parts will see.  Vibration?  Temp cycles (mil eq sees incredible shock as fighter planes go from ground to altitude very fast and temp drops like a rock.  Parts can pop off the board.  Why not re-ball?

Polina (Celestica) is on this forum - would love for her to chime in with comments as she's studied this a lot.

(By the way Polina, I've not forgotten your hospitality when Denny Fritz and I visited you for the SMTA meetin - hope later this fall to take a trip up to Toronto to see you all and to have another great Russian dinner with you and your husband and friends from the lab :-).

Bob