TECHNET Archives

September 2012

From:
"Woolley, Mark D. (Mark)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Woolley, Mark D. (Mark)
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:10:03 -0600
It is critical to use a high Temperature Lead Free Soldering profile so
both the leaded solder and the lead-free solders will melt completely
and mix evenly.  My company has done that when we have had no other
option, with great care to ensure the Lead free balls fully reached
liqudus.  This required cross sections of the balls to ensure this for
each product.
Mark Woolley