TECHNET Archives

August 2012

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:27:49 -0500
Hi Kevin - you ask a very broad question but one reference that is just
plain good to have on everyone's desk is the American Welding Society
Soldering Handbook, 3rd Edition, ISBN 0-87171-618-6. It is one of my "go
to" reference sources and has some corrosion/galvanic information.  Pages
132-144 have some information of solder joints/dissimilar metals and
corrosion. If you have a specific solder joint combination  in mind, I
might be able to find a specific reference source in our database. As a
general rule, nickel and tin are fairly close together on the Galvanic
series table so there is minimal driving force for a corrosion couple
depending on the service conditions.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

"Glidden, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
08/30/2012 06:27 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
"Glidden, Kevin"        <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
[TN] Articles on solder joint formation

Morning everyone,
Can anyone recommend (or send) good articles on the alloying process that
takes place during formation of a solder joint?
Thanks,