TECHNET Archives

August 2012

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:20:45 +0100
Hi Blair

This might be a little late but, as I used to be involved in the manufacture of this product, the quick and easy fix is to up the amount of thinners - BUT, you might need another coat to retain the desired thickness.

The condition I know of as Milking or Blooming - it is trapped humidity. This is why "wet-back" spray booths are a really bad idea - great for solvent filtration, but troublesome for the finish.

You really should control your humidity to around 60%RH - too low causes ESD issues. A de-humidifier won't cost much and makes life easier. Moisture traps in the air line are essential.

You might like to download a copy of our Facts & Data Book on Conformal Coating from:

http://www.gen3systems.com/techshot-Conformal_Coating.php

I hope this helps

Graham Naisbitt
Gen3 Systems