TECHNET Archives

August 2012

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:07:19 +0000
Agree. In addition, the electrical design and scheme how to drive LED got a lot to do with it.  you can pulse modulate them to achieve desirable brightness at high frequency to adjust heat output.  There are many LED display array in the aircraft with years of service to maintain night vision compatibility (not talking about the bill board size, those are less than 1mm LED in ultra high densities).  We are talking about 20k or so LEDs in array format.  If you get a good quality LED (not save fraction of few cents each), user (designer) quality at system level got a lot to do with reliability (just like violin player, beginner wouldn't cut it).
My 2 cents.

Joyce Koo
Materials Researcher - Materials Interconnect Lab
Research In Motion Limited
Office: (519) 888-7465 79945