TECHNET Archives

August 2012

From:
Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:33:03 +0000
TechNetters, I am told I need to strip ENIG from coupons to be used for copper peel strength testing. Where do I go to get this done?

A metal plating fellow gave me a couple of suggestions, without exhibiting much enthusiasm for them....As always, thanks...

Since I'm posting a question, let me throw in a comment about board baking, one I may have made before. A paper from the National Physical Laboratory at the 2011 expo impressed me as having much good data on baking boards. I was amazed at how much time is required to get moisture out. I think Dewey had a comment about baking not doing much good, and was it Richard who described some apparently effective, lengthy bakes? Those comments made sense to me, in view of the NPL paper.

Louis Hart
Compunetics
Monroeville, PA
USA