TECHNET Archives

August 2012

From:
"Nowland, Russell Howard (Russell)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nowland, Russell Howard (Russell) <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:09:05 +0000
Phil,

This is a highly debated topic.  There are so many factors to consider there is no certainty in baking but we believe it does help reduce the risks.  We have had instances where we had delamination without baking and little to none after.

Some EMS's use the 125C for 24 hours but I promote 125C for 4-6 hours.

I have my EMS consider the PWB as a MSL 3 for exposure.  May be overkill but it sets limits and there should be reason they cannot repair the PWB within the 168 hours.

Good luck and you will just have to set your limits and give it a try as there is not hard fast rule.

RUSSELL NOWLAND
ALCATEL-LUCENT
REPAIR STRATEGY & SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
14000 Quail Spring Parkway, Suite 100